Friday, December 08, 2006

December 6, 2006: Koko Black

Update 15/06/2023: Koko Black is no longer in Carlton but has other stores around Melbourne.


Instead of preparing dessert for mum and Carol, I thought that a visit to Koko Black would be an impressive way of introducing them to my neighbourhood. We arrived at about 9:45pm, and even on this Wednesday night the Carlton chapter was chaotically busy. We joined the waiting list and were shown to a table within about 10 minutes. Despite the demands made on them, the young staff were efficient and more than friendly; they were entertaining.

Pictured above is the Belgian Spoil that Michael and I shared: little tastes of chocolate cake, shortbread, two Belgian chocolates, chocolate mousse and chocolate ice-cream ($10). All were delicious: Michael particularly loved the bittersweet, cocoa-powdered chocolate and my pick would probably be the mousse. Mum and Carol shared a molten chocolate pudding, with a crisp and decorative wafer topping and fizzy-sour raspberry sorbet on the side. They were into it long before I had my camera poised: those sisters are a bunch of fast eaters, something I have certainly not inherited. Still, they were kind enough to offer Michael and I a taste before it all disappeared.

(You can read my previous posts about Koko Black here and here.)

Categories:

2 comments:

  1. I'm trembling reading this, I need a chocolate fix NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh I love koko black! Especially the chocolate mousse. mmmm... You're so lucky that it's just in the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete